January 25, 2012

Powerful photos of Cancer!!!

Two weeks ago I was looking at cnn.com and saw a post that read "The Battle We Didn't Choose" - the story was about a photographer who documented his wife's journey through Cancer.

Jennifer had Stage 3B Breast Cancer and won that battle. She was cancer free until 2010 when she received news that the breast cancer had metastasized to her liver and hip; ultimately the cancer made its way to Jen’s brain. She lost her battle in December of 2011, a little over a year and a half after this second diagnosis.

Angelo documented Jennifer through out the journey with Cancer. The images are powerful and really tell her fight with Cancer.

I had the honor of meeting Angelo as he was hanging the photos for his exhibit at The Lower Eastside Girl's Club in NYC. Angelo invited me to drop by today because I had stated on the event page for the fundraiser that my immune system was still low and he knew that I should not be around crowds - what a guy. I was welcomed with such positive energy from Angelo and his two friends Suzy and John.

Below are 3 of the photos I took of Angelo and his friends hanging the photos



No comments:

Post a Comment